Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Camwhoring Kidneys

I've been on exile for quite some time now. The World Cup is about to end and I have to write something about Spain for sure. Awesome stuff last night after dominating the match against the much fancied Germans thus setting up a mouth watering clash with Holland.

I haven't been well these past few days. I was admitted to hospital because of a kidney stone. My fault to be honest, I was drinking too much coke while watching football (you don't realise how much you drink when you're watching football) plus the lack of water perhaps caused this to happen. It was a painful experience and not something I would want to experience again.

Why camwhoring kidneys?? Well, I had to undergo several tests and scans to locate the stone. I experienced being scanned by a CT scan for the first time in my life. The machine is kindda cool~! I had some sort of dye injected into my veins (for better contrast during the x-rays) and I think I had about 7 X-rays taken. The whole process was worrying and not a comfortable one.

Thank God my kidneys were clear after the second day and I didn't have to go for any sort of surgery or procedure.

Right now, I'll have to take care of my health because I wouldn't want to get sick especially when I'll be leaving for India in less then 4 weeks time. My diet needs to change abit -less protein and most importantly ..MORE WATER.

Its no fun being a patient but I was quite excited seeing this machine for the first time. I suppose there is a reason why God put me through this before I leave for India.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Goodness.. so young kidney stones d?? take care wei...

Elnino said...

Yea ..
thanks :)