Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Day Of School =D

I LOVE THIS PICTURE~!

After reading recent posts on facebook by some of my teachers about their young kids' 1st day of school experience, it brought back some memories of my first day of school in primary one. I still remember that my standard one class was just right beside the toilet.STINKY~!

I was very blur at that time, hardly able to speak and understand Malay at all. I particularly remember all the parents waiting around just outside the class.Some seem to be listening attentively to the teacher as if wanting to take down notes ;). Our first exercise in class : writing the alphabets a,b,c,d, and e on one full page of the small exercise book. Due to my 'very excellent Malay' at that time, i probably misunderstood what my class teacher said and wrote down ONLY the alphabet 'A'
A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A

My dad somehow realised that i was making that mistake (goodness knows how, I can't really remember) and he told the teacher to make me sit right beside her. YUP! I SAT NEXT TO THE TEACHERS DESK. LOL. My small desk joined the very much larger desk of my teacher at THE FRONT of the class. ( or so it seemed at that time) I don't really remember how long I sat there.Probably a month until i was not so blur and could understand more Malay.

It was 1997. I can't recall other details of that first day such as students crying, or what I ate or what other activities we had on that first day. But this one incident remains vividly in my memory. I can't imagine how on earth I survived the first few weeks with my limited malay vocabulary.BUT I SURVIVED! and have gone on to finish school. lol...even getting an 'A' in BM.lol

~I'm just writing this in my blog so that one day, If i ever lose my memory or forget these tiny details, I can look back at the archives and recall my humble beginnings ~
YNWA~!!!

1 comment:

lavenderstears said...

Hahahaha,cute small keshan!