Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Dream Team, 2009 :)


If I had all the money in the world and could buy my own players, I would choose these eleven. I would deploy a 4-3-3 formation and I believe this line up would be feared by teams worldwide.

The Goalie ---> Iker Casillas


Arguably one of the best goalkeepers in the world. He was influencial for Spain En Route to their victory during Euro 2008 and has been really consistent throughout the years. He's presence itself could instill much confidence to the defenders.

My Back Four

Centre Back 1 --> John Terry

Chelsea ROCK SOLID defender. I love his passion and never say die attitude. An typical honest English player and plays with his heart. He is really strong and marshalls the team's defence very well. He has been key to the many clean sheets that Chelsea have kept over the years.

Centre Back 2---> Nemanja Vidic
He should have won the BPL player of the season last year but probably lost it after Torres terrorised him at Old trafford during Liverpool's 4-1 demolition of the Red Devils. He's another rock solid defender and I believe his partnership with Terry would be awesome. My team won't be leaking in that many goals. He's concentration level during each game is World Class.

Left Back---> This was a hard one but I think I'll go with Ashley Cole. Although I do not really like him because of his constant complainings towards referees and his temper, I have to admit that he's really good both in an attacking sense as well and more importantly, DEFENDING! He's very quick and has a few more seasons left in him I'm sure.

Right Back-->I think many people would have gone with Daniel ALves in this position. He's a fantastic attacking player and his delivery into the penalty box is superb.Very skillful and thus goes past defenders rather easily. He's defending isn't that bad either.

MY 3 MEN MIDFIELD

Centre--> People would have gone with Barcelona duo of Xavi and Inniesta but I'll stick with the dynamic Steven Gerrard. He's passion alone during each match is enough to give an extra boost to all his teammates. He has been awesome the last two years and he's long range shooting would be useless.He's not afraid to get 'stuck in' too. Great tackler and he would easily control the midfield.

Left--> Lionel Messi
The best player in the WORLD on current form. He's really quick and one of the most skillful players I've ever seen. The ball seems to stick to his feet. He can get past players very easily and would be a great option. He can play as a forward too and can cause headaches for any defender. John Terry and Vidic would be happy not to face him :)

Right---> As much as I hate him, I'll have to choose Cristiano Ronaldo. An extremely quick player and another player that can beat defenders easily. You'll put your money on him in a one on one situation. He has also got an excellent technique of taking freekicks so he'll be deadly during set plays.

My Attacking Trio
For my 3 forwards, I've gone for POWER,PACE ,SKILL and PASSION.

Centre Forward---> Didier Drogba.

For me, he's the best forward in the world when he is on form and when he's in the mood. He's every defenders nightmare and can easily out-muscle anyone.

Right Forward--> Wayne Rooney. What can i say, this guy is a great player. He's power and determination to win the ball and every game is amazing. He's always looks hungry and together with Torres and Drogba, defenders will wish they were never born~!

*You'll Never Walk Alone*

2 comments:

Melzie said...

I knew it! I knew you'd pick Ronaldo and Rooney!!! That's all I have to say, gonna go waltz around in pride now :p

Elnino said...

hahaha....i dun mind rooney..he's good..and a really honest player...very committed..:p
ronaldo's not in MU anymore laaaa