Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Ugly Side of Things..

Some of us here in India haven't actually seen much of the 'other side' of India. The side not usually highlighted by the media (only occasionally)

Today, me and my housemate were one our way to our college football field when my senior called to tell that football is cancelled. We were like 200m away from our destination when we got to know about it. My friend decided to take a detour (not just turn back and back track all the way home). It was like some kind of adventure. We passed through soooooo many things that will make you just depressed. The state at which some people are living here is just so sad. Houses made from leaves,mud. All in a very crowded area, no proper sanitation, no electricity. These are the things that will just open your eyes and make you appreciate the things you have in life.

Little kids were just loitering around with sticks in their hands, some playing with stones without a care in the world. Its just sad to see that they don't really have much of a future. Something must be done to help these people. The gulf between the rich and the poor here is just too great~! Something must be done to help these people. I didn't take any pictures of the places that I passed simply because it was too depressing. How can the rich people live comfortably in their HUGE houses when these people are suffering every night? Makes you start to ponder. When has the world ever been fair?

I think the things that I've witnessed today will spur me on to work harder and be a doctor. Helping these kind of people would certainly bring me joy. God willing, I hope it'll come true in the future:)




1 comment:

lavenderstears said...

i oso dun understand y tis world is so unfair..y there could be such a contrast=(