Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why ewwww?

You need to love a place in order to live comfortably and achieve your goals. I no longer despise India but I have started to be more positive about things here. It ain't a bad place to live and study. If I was in UK or Russia, I would be practically dying there because of the cold and the food. I for one can't live without rice. Here, the food is nice (just that you tend to get bored after a while) .

I've made a few friends in college and also around the area where I live. The guy at Lemon Tree, Pascucci, our caretaker, Mr Ranganatha . I believe that getting to know the people around you makes you feel more at home. Cheng, Wan and I try to talk to them in the little Kannada that we know. We're nice to our caretaker and guess what? Today he paid for my auto because I didn't have change. I went upstairs to go grab some change and the auto driver was already leaving. See! If you do good to others, most of the time good things happen to you.

Anyway, I bought these 2 jerseys recently. I like the blue one. India's cricket jersey! I know people will say EWWW...dah macam tempe etc etc...but who cares:) I'm gonna be here for 5 years man! I will make the most of my stay here:)

Next step : try to understand how the whole cricket game is played .


~You'll Never Walk Alone~

3 comments:

AMY LYNETTE said...

hahahahaha i seriously have no problems with india.. but i do have some friends who were so proud of themselves..they were too confident they would get the scholarship till they keep telling me
"omg amy i hope i dun kena india"...
i'm like aih what's the problem... end up they never got the jpa scholarship.
im so happy im going to india.. i dunno why. hahaha

Kavita Maheendran said...

i want those jerseys too!!! grrrrrr!!!

Elnino said...

@kavita : haha..i wonder if we can find them in msia...mayb during the cricket world cup...might have a possibility of them selling? who noes..but yeah..if u want i can get it for u:)

@amy: i LOVE YOUR SPIRIT! I was happy when i got india too!:) but just remember when you come here..have low expectations...and dun try to compare things to msia:) then you'll be the happiest person in india!