Tuesday, January 4, 2011

T.W.E.N.T.Y.E.L.E.V.E.N








Holidays have come and gone. It was a short and sweet holiday in Malaysia. I enjoyed every moment of it. It was really great to see my family again, the food and my old friends:) Didn't take many photos at home though(Didn't wanna waste precious time you see)

Its also time to say Goodbye to 2010. The year I left home and went to India. I will summarize 2010 in 1 word--> Average. and Average isn't good enough.

Here's to a more productive 2011!:) I have my own new year's resolutions but I'll keep them to myself for now. Its always better to do things silently and then BANG!:)

Some Pictures from 2010.( Since my blog posts have been really dull recently)


Memories from 2010
KI in KTT! It was really fun to meet up with all my close friends before separating in India
Now don't they look familiar? See them everyday now:) The Mysore Family
My Best friends in KTT! (sorry about your eye Selvan-tried to remove the red eyes effect)

Susu! All geared up for India
The 3 headed monsters!
Seconds before he nearly dropped my phone- he stil remembers that moment :)HAHA!


Then there was Feskott. Probably the last ever athletics meet that I'll take part in.


I then enjoyed the World Cup where the team I supported lifted the cup of life! They're the perfect example to the world that people should not give up so easily after a failure. They did not let the defeat in their 1st match effect them and they were mentally strong + had enough self confidence to eventually be the best team in the world.
After all the farewells and goodbyes, it was time to leave home and head off to land of spices! What and experience it had been I've got to say.


First glimpses of India
With my juniors, this year it'll be their turn to rock India:) I have to say, I can't wait for them to come.haha:p

We looked so happy and fresh back then. I'm very sure the intensity of the dark circles around the eys have increased greatly since then.
1 Malaysia in Mysore. When we are overseas, we don't introduce ourselves as Malay,Chinese, Indian ,etc. We just call ourselves Malaysians. People back home should follow suit.
My Family <3 style="text-align: justify;">I'm being really honest here. India is actually a great place to study. There are of cause ALOT of trials and tribulations that you will face once you are here but I believe that these are the things that will eventually build your character. Alot of people back home don't really know how India is like. They have a certain picture of India in their heads (most of it negative stuff) .While some if it may be true, other peoples' idea of India is just WRONG. One has to stay here and experience it for themselves to judge.

This year, I do not want to complain about being here but rather be thankful that I've been given a fantastic opportunity to study medicine here. So yeap! No more comparing everything to Malaysia, I'll make the most of what I've got here.

Back to more photos...

The Manipal Family come over for a short visit:) Great to see them again!
Playing badminton with Selvan in Marena!
With KTT-ians in Mangalore
The Majestic Mysore Palace. I still think it looks better when the lights are switched off.
Us at the Mysore Zoo! The animals there were damn healthy

With some of my local friends here. The people here are really friendly!:)

St Philomena's Church.

We dropped by Ooty when the Manipal family visited us

Met up with these people after so LONG! haha..I think i have put on enough weight to survive the next 7 months here.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! May 2011 be an awesome year for us:)
This was actually my first time ever taking a picture with the Jalur Gemilang :p This is what being away from your home country does to you.

2 comments:

Maegyvear said...

yay, my photo is inside this post too!! Huh, few more days before I can make conclusion whether can/can't fly. Arghh..so stressful la this moment, can't wait for the results! pray for me, and for us ya keshan!

Elnino said...

lol..dun worry bro:)
u'll be joining us here..will do:D