Sunday, January 30, 2011

You'll Never Walk Alone

No player is ever bigger then the club. So with the imminent departure of Fernando Torres from Liverpool, I still believe that there is still hope for this club. Its been a very long time sine I've wrote anything about football here. Not that I'm not interested in the Beatiful Game anymore, its just that Liverpool have simply been so poor this season. I simply do not want to remember anything from this season.

The arrival of Liverpool Legend , Kenny Dalglish seemed to have sparked a revival for the team from Merseyside. Many people have started believing that the good times will be back sooner rather then later.

On Friday night, before sleeping I sent a text to Selvan telling him that Liverpool have signed Suarez from Ajax. A record signing too! A real positive step in my eyes. However, the very next day, this good news was overshadowed by the fact that Fernando Torres handed in a transfer request to the club. I couldn't believe that he would do such a thing. More so after Liverpool are showing intent (with new owners, a new manager,etc? that they mean business now.

Nevertheless, perhaps he is just frustrated at the lack of trophies here. A footballer's career is a very short one and he's already 27 this year. Perhaps it really is time to go and be part of a better team. Perhaps he looked at the aging Stevie G and asked himself 'Do I want to be like him?' A fantastic player stuck in a club where they never seem to be 'RIGHT UP THERE CHALLENGING FOR TITLES'. Yeah, I definitely can understand his frustration but I also believe he should show more loyalty to the club and the fans who love (now maybe loved) him so much!

No matter how terrible, awful, woeful Liverpool are, I'll still be supporting them. Once a Red, Always a red! Torres can leave if he wants to. The money that the club gets from selling him could be used to buy many other players and thus strengthen the squad.

You'll Never Walk Alone. I sense a brighter few years ahead of Liverpool now.

Can't believe that he's even considering Chelsea. A RIVAL of Liverpool. He should go to Spain or Italy .


Dark, dark times at LFC . Just look at their faces..

In Kenny , We Trust!

Hope this guy would be a Legend at Liverpool. The missing link perhaps?





No comments: