Friday, June 18, 2010

Introducing Mysore (Pre-Departure)

Since most of my friends do not know anything about Mysore, (some may have come across the name before) let me just walk you through a brief introduction to that place.

Lets start with some Geography.
Map Of India. Mysore is located in the state of Karnataka(South India)
I think you should click to enlarge this picture.
The Map of Mysore. My college (JSS Medical College) is located at the top of the map.(near JSS College of pharmacy)

Since now you all know where it is located, its time for some facts about Mysore. (Mostly from the Wikipedia)

*Mysore is the 2nd largest City in Karnataka and it is just 146km from Bangalore, the capital of that state. India is an extremely huge country so thats why I said its JUST 146km.

*The language spoken by the locals there is Kannada. (haha! nope..its not Canadian language) Its a dialect spoken there.

*Mysore is said to receive a large number of tourist since they have some beautiful places to visit(pictures of some are below).

*This next fact amused me a little. Mysore was voted the 2nd cleanest city in India and the cleanest city in Karnataka.LOL. Survey done by the Urban Development Ministry over there.

*Since it is located on the South Karnataka Plateau, its average altitude is about 700m.Therefore the temperature over there is actually quite pleasant.

*Highest temperature ever recorded = 38.5 degrees Celsius. Lowest temperature ever recorded = 9.6 degrees Celsius. (thats during winter)

Now...a few reasons why you should all come visit me here in the next 5.5 years. Look at all these places!

This is my college. Of course it doesn't look as awesome as the manipal campus, but its not too bad either. (In this picture at least)
The beautiful St Philomena's Church(built in 1936)

Brindivan Gardens
The Mysore Palace. This place is absolutely amazing.
Day time view of the place.

Thats all for my brief introduction on Mysore. Well, I will have to see the place for myself to believe it. I'll write another blog post once I'm there. HAHA..SO NOW YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT MYSORE.

~its time for my nap...pre world cup nap~


2 comments:

OrAnge-wAsAbI said...

I love the place u'll be going man!

Elnino said...

the place seems nice la..even seniors say mysore is a nice place...
u got manipal man! its super awesome too!!