Sunday, June 20, 2010

Once again...You can NEVER predict football matches.

England stumbling against Algeria.Spain losing (rather unfortunately) to the Swiss.France outplayed by a strong Mexican side.Germany (10man) beaten by a resilient Serbian team. World Champs Italy held by the gritty All Whites.

Many punters would have lost alot of money after these few upsets.

Many people I'm sure would agree with me if I say that this World Cup lacks the usual excitement of other world cups. Most matches have been played at a very slow tempo. Stadiums have been unusually empty.(I've never seen that many empty seats in a previous world cups)Goalkeepers have been making so many mistakes which then leads to the criticism that the Jabulani ball is not good,too light and swerves alot. What I find most irritating so far has been the constant drone of the vuvuzelas. Goodness me...those things have got to be banned! I recently said that I have gotten used to the sound of the vuvuzelas, I take that back. They still annoy me.
Free kicks have been really bad and they hasn't been many fantastic goals scored.


FIFA! BAN THESE PLEASE~!!!



The Jabulani ball. Looks really nice though



Those CRAZY supporters!

Anyway, Brazil will be playing Ivory Coast in the next game. I hope to see some excitement there and maybe even an upset. Hopefully the world cup will burst into life in the next round of matches too!

No comments: