Tuesday, June 8, 2010

World Cup 2010

THE CUP OF LIFE

The 2010 FIFA World Cup is barely 3 days away. I have to say that I really can't wait for the whistle to be blown during South Africa vs Mexico match -initiating the start of the Greatest Show On Earth. This time around, I will make an effort to watch and enjoy all 64 matches as this might be the last time that I would be able to watch football like this.

Spain and Brazil seem to be everyone's bet to lift the coveted trophy but I believe teams like Holland and Germany can go all the way too. England as always have a strong team ( ON PAPER) and I believe there is something different with England this time around. Perhaps its the Capello factor. On the other hand, we should not write off the 5 African nations as they will be all pumped up for this year's competition.

Nevertheless, my money will still be on Spain to win their first ever World Cup. They seem to have a complete team with talent overflowing in all positions. They have 3 world class goalkeepers, decent enough defenders, awesome, classy and intelligent midfielders and not to mention the fact that they have arguably two of the best strikers in world football.

I hope England too makes it to the final as I would want Steven Gerrard (my favourite football player) to captain a winning team. I definitely have a soft spot for England this time around. The things that you learn after watching thousands of football matches is that you can never predict anything in football. Therefore, let us all sit back , watch and enjoy the Greatest Show on Earth. The most important thing is the quality of football and the passion shown by each team.
~You'll Never Walk Alone~

The Main Contenders -based on the media




2 comments:

haikadove said...

why does spain seems to be everyone's choice dis time ? ;p

Elnino said...

cz they're simply awesome:)
i bet if they put their reserve team..they could still reach the quarter finals.:)